Find the best datasets for your research question or project.
Discover Data @ Duke is a collaborative effort to provide a one-stop shop for Duke investigators to learn about and access a wealth of data resources.
CTSI and the DHTS Analytics Center of Excellence Research Solutions Team have partnered to connect investigators to local, regional, and national datasets that are crucial for scientific and clinical research.
Interested in learning more or starting a project using clinical data? Get in touch with our data experts.
DiscoverData @ Duke Offers:
- Clinical Data Research Networks consult service—for help using CDRNs to support clinical research at Duke and other sites nationally
- EHR-Enabled Research Support—for help leveraging Duke's EHR and data warehouse resources
Data Query Tools
- DEDUCE—query de-identified patient data from the Duke Health system
- i2b2—uery EHR data from the Duke EHR and/or the EHRs of members of national network of CTSA institutions (aggregate counts only) via the ACT Network
Get patient population counts to determine feasibility and find collaborators for local and multi-site studies and clinical trials.
- STAR CRN/PCORnet—regional and national clinical data network with potential access to a patient population of 66 million
- ACT Network—national network of more than 39 CTSA institutions (18 more currently staging)
- Carolinas Collaborative—regional network of premier institutions in North and South Carolina
- Learn more about CDRNs and request a consult with our CDRN team
Datasets and Resources
- Discover Data @ Duke Catalog—a catalog of data resources that can help you answer your project or research question
- National Datasets—varied population health datasets to support research
- Duke SOAR Data Inventory—a collaboration to open clinical research data for the benefit of the broader research community
- Population Health DataShare—giving Duke researchers access to electronic health from different sources to generate new insights into health and healthcare. Provided by the Duke Department of Population Health Sciences