The Community of Scholars is busily charting a course for its inaugural year and has received input from program leaders across campus as to what activities would be most useful to career development award programs at Duke.
Below is a list of the most often-cited needs to date, but we welcome your additions to and feedback on this list. Please send your ideas and/or comments to COS coordinator Stephanie Molner. All suggestions will be passed along to the COS team and considered for inclusion in our strategic plan.
Suggested activities to date include:
- Streamlining the tracking scholar activities and accomplishments
- Assisting with scholar recruitment
- Increasing diversity within programs
- Facilitating mock grant reviews
- Developing a common didactic career development curriculum
- Networking with other CDA leadership and administrators