From the Translating Duke Health Cardiovascular Disease InitiativeAugust 22, 2018
The Translating Duke Health Cardiovascular Disease Initiative invites applications to participate in the poster session at this year’s symposium, “Keeping the Heart Young: The Science of Cardiovascular Resistance, Resilience and Rejuvenation” on Saturday, October 6, 2018.
Posters should highlight work that fits within the theme of resistance, resilience, and rejuvenation related to cardiovascular disease. Projects across the research spectrum from basic science to population health research are encouraged. The first 30 posters will be accepted. Applicants can submit more than one poster, but priority will be given to 30 unique presenters. Posters that have been presented at other meetings are welcome, but posters larger than 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall will not be accepted. Poster participants will be required to attend the poster session on Saturday, October 6, and are strongly encouraged to register for the full symposium.
- Applications Due September 14, 2018
- Posters larger than 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall will not be accepted!
- Posters should be created, printed and ready to present on October 6.
- Posters may be hung starting at 8:00 am and must be hung no later than 10:30 am on October 6.
- All presenters must be at their posters during the lunch break from 12:10-1:00 pm to answer questions from the faculty and audience.
Include project title, presenting author’s name and contact information, all author names, a brief abstract (500 words or less), and a final pdf of the poster.
Title and abstract will be provided in a handout for all symposium attendees. Posters will be reviewed in advance by the Translating Duke Health Cardiovascular Disease steering committee and awards will be presented for best posters.
Application deadline: September 14, 2018.
Contact Paige Smith at email@example.com.