A mentored research career development program for junior faculty
The Duke CTSA KL2 program provides training and research opportunities for junior investigators that will equip them to:
- Participate in and ultimately lead transdisciplinary research teams
- Facilitate advancement of discoveries to their next translational phase
- Represent a more diverse workforce to meet evolving translational science priorities
- Leverage partnerships locally, regionally, and nationally to enhance the impact of their discoveries
These goals will be achieved through individual and group support for scholars and by working with Duke’s CTSA resources and services. Each year, three Duke CTSA KL2 Scholars will be awarded 75% total protected effort for 3 years, up to $20,000/year for research expenses, and up to $2,500/year for travel to professional meetings.
In 2018/2019 academic year, Duke will select three KL2 scholars for a July 2019 start.
- Application opens: July 16, 2018
- Application deadline: November 30, 2018
- Funding begins: July 2019