November 6, 2020
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Society for Neuro-Oncology is pleased to host the 2020 Think Tank on Neuro-Oncology Clinical Trials.
Each session will provide opportunities for discussion and to address questions submitted by the audience. Registration is required, but there is no charge for participation. Presentations will be recorded and made available for viewing at the conclusion of the meeting. This meeting does not have CME credits.
Key Neuro-Oncology, FDA and Pharma leaders will offer a range of topics to address the essentials of effective clinical trial design in the treatment of CNS malignancies.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Opportunities to use novel trial design techniques such as synthetic control arms, big data, and Artificial Intelligence
- The potential role of nuclear imaging and immune imaging
- Pharmacodynamic biomarker development during pre-clinical phase of drug development
- Early phase pre-surgical trials: Phase 0
- Combination trials and changes in how to attribute efficacy and/ or toxicity to individual components of combination therapies
- How to best integrate predictive biomarkers
- What changes are needed to make tangible advances in the field
Upon completion of this meeting, participants will have an improved understanding of the practical aspects of clinical trial designs from topics that include the role of nuclear imaging, pharmacodynamic biomarker development, combination trials, research from other diseases, and predictive biomarkers.